About CAF Testing: What You Need to Know
NOTE: Many elements of the Connect America Fund (CAF) process are under constant development by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and may change without notice. Final authority on CAF matters resides exclusively with the FCC; please consult with the FCC for all regulatory and legal concerns. Comtrend has no legal authority or standing on FCC compliance and/or programs.
Our Current Solutions:
- Integrate their CAF solutions within the Comtrend CPE. No expensive, intrusive white box needed
- Generate needed reports that meet FCC requirements
- Provide end-to-end performance testing
NISC's USS ACS Solution
NISC’S USS Includes a fully turnkey CAF solution- no additional costs!
Comtrend's ACS Solution
Comtrend’s ACS- A simple-to-use CAF module add-on is available.
Fine Point's Mountain View
Combine a Comtrend Gateway with FinePoint’s Robust ACS
NISC’s USS is a comprehensive solution for those wanting a powerful ACS and turnkey CAF compliance. It enables full life cycle management for WiFi and Internet Services and includes an all-in-one FCC CAF compliance testing and reporting.
- Select and schedule either FCC official runs or non-FCC testing runs for speed or for latency
- Speed tests are automatically performed hourly, during specified testing hours
- Latency tests are scheduled separately on the Latency Test Start Date, and performed every minute during specified hours
- Both test scripts automatically handle traffic level exceptions and retry attempts
- Monitoring status is available in real time on the reporting dashboard, with automatic refresh, that shows pass/fail results in tabular and visual form
A powerfully integrated ACS solution that maximize efficiencies and enhances the customer experience.
4 Intentional Interfaces
User Services Manager: Remote Device Management Server & Administrative and Operation Functions
User Services Care: Powerful Tools to Quickly Resolve Trouble Calls
User Services Insights: Universal Tool to Better Understand Your Customers & Network
SmartHub WiFi: Intuitive Web & Mobile Applications for Customer Self-Care
- Easy customizations: Able to meet the ISP’s unique requirements via an open system.
- Covers the Whole Home: Ensures a good customer experience to the edge of the home by also managing Apps and WiFi Extenders.
- Reporting and Analytics: Easily monitor the system and devices via unmatched preconfigured reports.
- Built for Integration: Flexible platform usage with APIs of your choice.
Comtrend ACS 3.1
Comtrend ACS 3.1 is a low-cost solution for customers wanting a CAF solution and are interested in an ACS. This is an easy option for current Comtrend ACS customers.
- Time scheduling options
- Pre-test options enable performance testing cycles.
- Wizard to easily guide the customer through the performance testing process
Comtrend’s enhanced ACS 3.1 not only includes all standard provisioning functionality, but goes further to add new benefits:
- Customer Service Representative (CSR) Dashboard
- HARMONY G.hn Powerline Diagnostic Integration
- Graphical Topology of a Home Network
- Graphical Performance Measurements of Individual Network Segments
Visibility into Home Networking issues
CSRs can see the entire home network topology in one glance and update it with the click of a button
Each connection point is measured separately to quickly spot and resolve problems.
Fine Point’s MountainView solution is a low-cost CAF testing solution with advanced ACS analytics benefits. This is an easy option for current Fine Point ACS customers and a good solution for customers interested in an ACS.
- Time scheduling options
- Pre-test options enable performance testing, review, and corrective action ahead of official CAF testing cycles
- Ability to choose the remote server that’s the right fit for you
A Comtrend Gateway combined with Fine Point’s MountainView™ enables unique tools to proactively identify consumer trends, up-sell customers who need more bandwidth, remotely troubleshoot WiFi issues, and much more.
- Creates visibility into the home network
- Provides analytical data
- Offers data for focused Sales/Marketing
- Enables “Virtual Truck Rolls”
Determine if the problem lies within the broadband network or the home.
Identify the possible interference suspects that can slow down WiFi.
CPE SUPPORT FOR CAF TESTING
TR-143 is the widely accepted industry standard for measuring broadband performance at the customer premises.
With TR-143 you can comply with CAF requirements via existing network management tools and systems, such as an ACS.
Comtrend’s latest-generation Gateway offerings support TR-143 for use with any ACS.
Performance Testing Solution Comparison
Ask Your Sales Representative how they can help you find the right solution!
Mix & Match Modularity Solution
Comtrend offers a growing list of enhancements, from software integrations that boost functionality, to home networking expansion hardware that fits your customers’ needs. We are dedicated to creating open solutions tailored to you.