Comtrend’s G.hn Wave 2 Powerline Wins 2020 Communications Solutions Products of the Year Award by TMC
Comtrend’s G.hn Wave 2 Powerline, the PG-9182PT (PG-9083), Recognized for Exceptional Innovation
Irvine, CA– Comtrend, a leader in advanced networking, announced today that TMC, a global, integrated media company, has awarded Comtrend’s G.hn Wave 2 Powerline, the PG-9182PT (globally known as the PG-9083), a 2020 Communications Solutions Products of the Year Award.
The PG-9182PT G.hn Wave 2 Powerline adapter offers a marked improvement in Powerline performance for Service Providers by better delivering video in hard-to-reach locations (i.e. basements, garages, home offices, etc.). It accomplishes this by not only including all of the unique features that are available with Wave 1 technology, but by also adding improved technologies like a new Quick Noise Adaptation (QNA) algorithm that detects (and avoids) intermittent noise five times faster. This avoids negative viewing experiences such as glitches and lag and results in an enhanced video experience for applications such as 4K multicast IPTV. Additionally, G.hn utilizes NDIM (Neighboring Domain Interference Mitigation) for anti-interference functionality when there are other Powerline adapters (HPAV/G.hn) in neighboring apartments, condos, etc. that allows for consistently delivered high-performance speeds.
“Congratulations to Comtrend for being honored with a Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. “Comtrend’s G.hn Wave 2 Powerline Adapter, the PG-9182PT, is truly an innovative product and is amongst the best communications products and services available on the market today. I look forward to continued excellence from Comtrend in 2020 and beyond.”
The PG-9182PT features the following Service Provider benefits:
1. Remote Manageability: The PG-9182PT supports the widely-used, Service-Provider protocol called TR-069 to easily setup, manage, troubleshoot, and control the device remotely. This results in reduced truck rolls and operational costs.
2. Easy Setup: Unlike running Ethernet cable throughout a home, the PG-9182PT is so simple to use that Service Providers can have it up and running within minutes. Service Providers could even choose to send the devices directly to end consumers for a self-install. This has become increasingly important as Service Providers navigate the “next normal” of COVID-19. Service Providers are able to maintain safe installations by sending subscribers these self-installable adapters.
3. Reliable Alternative When WiFi Fails: When WiFi just isn’t good enough or cannot reach far enough, G.hn Powerline is a dependable alternative. Since G.hn Powerline uses the existing electrical wiring to deliver connectivity, it is able to go through walls and building material that would typically negatively impact WiFi performance. Therefore, G.hn Powerline delivers hard-wired speeds to hard-to-reach or remote locations.
4. Continued Enhancements to Software Capabilities: Service Providers will see Comtrend’s continued commitment to enhance capabilities for the PG-9182PT. For example, when the PG-9182PT is used with a Comtrend Gateway and Comtrend ACS 3.1, Service Providers can utilize its Customer Service Representative portal for diagnostic recommendations and proactive performance monitoring. Additionally, an end-consumer Mobile App is coming soon! The Mobile App will further guide setup, allow WiFi setting changes, speed tests, and more!
5. Secure Connection with the Touch of a Button: When paired together, the PG-9182PT encrypts the powerline network with 128-bit data encryption.
6. Expandable G.hn Powerline Network: Once a G.hn Powerline network is created, it can continue to grow with additional adapters. Comtrend offers a lineup of G.hn Wave 2 Powerline Adapters that can enable WiFi expansion, PoE expansion, and a 4-Port Switch options. A network can consist of up to 16 Powerline adapters.
7. Compact Design with Pass-Through Outlet: The PG-9182PT blends seamlessly into subscriber’s homes with its compact and sleek design. It also features a pass-through outlet, so that it doesn’t block the existing wall power outlet and additional devices can still be plugged in.
Comtrend’s PG-9182PT G.hn Wave 2 Powerline Adapter offers improved video quality and throughput, less line interference, true real-world Powerline performance, and it supports TR-069 for manageability. This is why Service Providers choose Comtrend’s G.hn Powerline to provide fast, reliable connectivity to their residential home subscribers.
For more information on Comtrend’s G.hn Wave 2 Powerline, please contact your Sales Representative or email NA.Sales@Comtrend.com. If you have an inquiry for outside of North America, then please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know Service Providers. Comtrend has been in the business of supporting Communication Service Providers for over 30 years, and we are proud of our history and the partnerships that we have grown. Our mission is to design and manufacture purpose-built solutions for Service Providers, allowing them to easily provide reliable, best-in-class home connectivity to their subscribers. Comtrend remains committed to offering the latest industry technologies, including Fiber and DSL broadband gateways, wireless and Powerline home networking, and leading-edge Service Provider ACS analytics, management, and CAF Reporting Solutions.
For more information about Comtrend, visit https://us.comtrend.com/.
Through education, industry news, live events and social influence, global buyers rely on TMC’s content-driven marketplaces to make purchase decisions and navigate markets. As a result, leading technology vendors turn to TMC for unparalleled branding, thought leadership and lead generation opportunities. Our in-person and online events deliver unmatched visibility and sales prospects for all percipients. Through our custom lead generation programs, we provide clients with an ongoing stream of leads that turn into sales opportunities and build databases. Additionally, we bolster brand reputations with the millions of impressions from display advertising on our news sites and newsletters. Making TMC a 360 degree marketing solution, we offer comprehensive event and road show management services and custom content creation with expertly ghost-crafted blogs, press releases, articles and marketing collateral to help with SEO, branding, and overall marketing efforts. For more information about TMC and to learn how we can help you reach your marketing goals, please visit http://www.tmcnet.com and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, @tmcnet.
For more information about TMC, visit http://www.tmcnet.com.